Lewis Funeral Home
The Lewis Funeral Home was founded by the late Mr. Frank E. Lewis on May 15, 1909. The firm operated as "Frank E. Lewis, Funeral Director" until 1947 when a partnership was formed with Vernon E. Larremore and the firm name was changed to Lewis Funeral Home. In 1960, Frank E. Lewis passed away and the business became a sole proprietorship under the leadership of the late Vernon E. Larremore. Mr. Larremore operated the business until his passing in July, 1989. In 1989, the late Mr. Robert Washington, Jr., became the firm's President and General Manager until his passing on April 6, 2011. In 2011, his wife, Mrs. Lois C. Washington took over operations and is presently the firm's President and General Manager. She is assisted by a staff of experienced employees.